Herman Miller is not new in the chair industry. In fact, they are known to produce high-craft chairs that have transformed the way people work globally. Although their chairs come with a relatively high price, most of them are worth it. In this review, we shall look into detail the Setu Chair to see whether its price will live up with its features.
The dimensions of the chair can accommodate an average user and have a weight limit of 300 lbs., and so the chair is suitable for people with different types of sizes. This chair is more of a premium chair like the one you would find in conference rooms and or at workplaces of professional who spend minimum time while seated. The chair offers comfort and pleasure while sitting in it and to me, it is designed to be more of a premium than an office chair.
The visual appearance of the chair is impressive with every feature from the armrests, the lumbar brace and also the support system made to provide flowing surfaces amazingly. The backrest, armrests, and the seat look like a smooth fabric piece. Actually, the backrest is more firm than it seems, which increases its comfortability. The chair isn’t so flexible like the one you would like to use for long hours but is instead enjoyable when used for short periods at a time, with some breaks in between.
Herman Miller Setu Chair Review – Summary
- Come with a Kinetic Spine that combines with both the strength and flexibility that allows the chair to move and bend automatically anytime you move
- Fitted with Lyris 2 suspension with a double interlocking weave material that increases durability and strength enabling you to have a firm sit and a distinct sheen
- Lyrics 2 works in concert with your spine distributing your weight and aligns to your contours by your weight when you sit
- Made with 42% recycled material and 93% recyclable material
- Come with a 12-year Herman Miller warranty
- The chair is sustainable in terms of environmentalism having being made from 42% recyclable materials and 93% recyclable content
- Unlike most other chairs that are over muscular, uncomfortable and gives an ugly look to your lovely home or office, Setu has a beautiful look.
- The chair has a chic design that offers comfort with its adjustable height, lumbar support and a rotating base and its price is reasonable considering all its features
- Comes with a breathable mesh backrest instead of hardened padded leather making it more comfortable and give more airflow
- The chair is a lightweight (47 pounds) making it easy to move it around
- The chair’s seat has a waterfall edge that allows circulation in your legs
- you can try it and return it within 30 days and get your money back if not satisfied
- the chair also comes with a 12-year warranty for those who don’t return the chair within 30 days
- The chair is not designed for long hour performance and may not be a perfect choice for when working for long hours
- The chair’s armrests don’t move, and it may be impossible to move them in any direction. This is caused by the curved nature of the armlets that makes it hard for you to reposition your arms when leaning back in the chair
For more details and price, click here.
The performance of the Setu chair is above average and can work well in an office. It is a good fit for most average workers working for average hours as it outshines most of its competitors. The only challenge that it is not comfortable when sitting for long hours and may not fit all users. In general, it remains a good but not an exceptional piece of furniture.
Design, Features and Options
The Setu chair comes with lumbar support that is perfectly placed so that it can provide support without much straining. The back of the chair is curved and is not just for the looks as extensive knowledge of ergonomic is applied more than you may ever notice. This makes the chair offer a high-level comfort that you so much need when working.
The chair’s elastomeric mesh is tuned perfectly in regards to giving comfort; I find it exceptionally comfortable especially because I rarely feel it. In fact, as I am writing this, I am sitting comfortably in it, and I can hardly tell the exact point that I am in contact with the chair because I feel I am seated in a proper ergonomic position. This gives you a nice feeling and makes you avoid the feeling of ‘’ dead spots’’ that usually come after using cheaper chairs that come with inferior mesh tuning.
A good chair should last for a long time, and Setu Chair lives to that expectation. It is made from durable materials and also has a kinematic spine design that offers the strength that every user needs so much in a chair. This works well to provide flex when the user is leaning back and also allow him/her tilt the seat up slightly. When using the chair, inevitable spills will be less of your concerns because the material used in making this chair is easy to clean.
The armrest appears somehow thin and looks like a ribbon, and sometimes it may look flimsy, but on using it, you realize it’s rigid and does not flex even after flexing your full weight. They are also fixed in place and holds the chair together when you recline.
In order to provide quality products, chair manufacturers are caught up between using many valuable resources and going to a further extent to give solutions to innovative designs. But this chair is made from 42 percent recycled content and 92 percent recyclable content. This is an apparent gesture that manufacturers have done extensive research so that they could provide environmentally friendly products.
Nothing is disappointing like buying a product that you waited so long only to find that it has defects. However, with Setu chair, you are assured that you will get your money back in the case you not satisfied with the product within 30 days. They have supportive customer care who will take you through whenever you call within I month after making the purchase. The warranty also allows you to get repairs and replacement when needed and is also evidence that manufacturers of this chair are confident on the quality of the product they are offering.
Chair’s Weight and Assembly
The chair is light that even a kid can move it around with little effort. This makes the chair a perfect choice for both use in office and gaming allowing you to save costs if you are a gamer. Also when having an outdoor meeting or gaming sessions, the chair will not be a burden since you can easily move it.
Again, when it comes to assembling, you don’t require a lot of time assembling this chair. For some chairs, you will need to call a professional to help you in assembling but on this chair that will not be necessary. You can do it yourself in only a few minutes.
Just like most top-notch chairs in the market, you may be forced to part with a little more money to buy this chair. A person who is looking for adjustable armrests will not be pleased at first. They will, however, be consoled after realizing that the chair’s armrests are as comfortable as with other chairs.
You will rarely be disappointed after buying the Setu Chair. The chair is backed by innovation and creativity of the highest class which is a good gesture that any user will experience an incredible experience. Compared to other high-end Herman Miller chairs, Setu offers an economically viable way to stock your entire office with comfortable and appealing chairs without spending much.