To say that the Redragon M711 Cobra is an affordable gaming mouse. It costs even less than $20 in some online marketplaces. Compared to the many other gaming mice that cost more than $60, you have to agree that this one is quite a steal.
But … do not let the low price fool you either. Mostly, we believe that having the words cheap and quality in the same sentence is oxymoronic. Well, that could be true too because in many cases, the best cost the highest. But as you will see with the M711 Cobra, it packs quite a number of impressive features. It suffices to say that this mouse will give you everything, or almost everything the more costly gaming mice will.
Just as it is with any other gaming mouse, the looks matter quite a lot. The M711 Cobra looks quite good, with nice curves and nice lighting. Built with Omron switches for the buttons, which are rated for 10 million clicks, well, it does not get any better than this.
If the low price of this gaming mouse was to turn you away, you would be leaving a good mouse behind.
For more details and price, click here.
Redragon M711 Cobra Review– Summary of the features
- You can customize the mouse to adjust the DPI settings in intervals of 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 or 5000, or you can just use the 100 intervals.
- Software enables you to set the speed of the mouse point so that you can find the best fitting custom speed of the mouse movement.
- RGB LED background lighting makes this mouse light up beautifully. With 16 million colors, you mouse background will look so stylish. There are 6 lighting effects to choose from which include Flash, Wave, Reactive, Breathing, Full lighted and Rainbow.
- This mouse has 7 programmable buttons. These are not too many and not too few either, but enough to get you through any game. Believe it or not, these buttons are enough to play many games. For each button, you can save five gaming profiles, and assign them a unique color so that you can identify them easily.
- Braided cable is 6 feet long – that seems to be the standard for many gaming mice in the market, but some mice cables are 7 feet long.
- The feet pads are made of TEFLON, which glides easily over different surfaces. However, it is better to get a gaming mouse for easier movement.
- The software is easy to use and you can customize almost everything including macros, the 16.8 million RGB lighting. It is easy to set the buttons too.
- The Redragon M711 Cobra is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000 and 2003 for programmable use. It is also compatible with Mac OS for use as a normal mouse.
- This mouse can do a polling rate of up to 1000Hz. This means that it is in communication with your computer for up to 1000 times per second – this is as high as they come.
- The USB interface can work with 2.0 ports or 3.0 ports
Full features of the Redragon M711 Cobra gaming mouse
Design and build quality
When you get the Redragon M711 Cobra mouse, you will be impressed by the packaging itself. It is nice and for your first impression, you will like it. This is a big mouse. It measures 5.0 by 2.6 by 1.6 inches. That is big by many standards.
You can hold the mouse in different styles like claw or palm, as may suit you. All gamers know that it is better to get a mouse that is big in size as it does not cramp the wrists. This mouse has been cased in durable plastic, which is also light in weight.
The top of the mouse looks as if it has been sand-blasted. The matte finish is quite stylish, but this is going to start wearing away with usage. With time, it will start getting all smooth, bald and shiny especially if you use the mouse every day.
The underside of the mouse is smooth, and the TEFLON feet are very friendly. They glide ever so smoothly.
This is not an ambidextrous mouse. We wish it were, but the manufacturer did not intend it to be so. We can only be content with its good looks, and the other features. After all, the pros are more than the cons and that is why you should buy it without hesitation.
The optical sensor is a high quality addition to this mouse. It might not be the best one in the gaming industry, but it certainly does the job, and does it very well. Any movement you make will be tracked immediately. Besides, with a warranty of three months, you should be able to test the mouse thoroughly and see whether it has what you really need.
The buttons work very well without getting in the way. They are not overly loud, but they have that satisfying click that every gamer loves to hear. The buttons are quite responsive too, and they do their job every time. Even the thumb buttons never get in the way.
Another thing that you will love about this mouse is the high polling rate settings. You can set it to the maximum of 1000Hz. This means that the mouse reports its position to the computer 1000 times every second. However, you can try lower settings if you want.
The Omron switches are guaranteed to almost never fail. These ones are rated for 10 million clicks. This means that you have about 5 years of use without the switches giving up.
You will be happy that the Redragon M711 Cobra has an onboard memory that can store game settings that you can use on different computers. You do not need to install the software every time that you change computers or between shutdowns.
There is no delay in the functioning of the mouse. Click a button and the mouse responds immediately. You will love such responsiveness and coordination when you are firing weapons at an enemy.
Thanks to the robust software that we will discuss in the upcoming section, most, if not all the features of this mouse can be accessed from the buttons.
First, you may, or may not get the disk with the software when this mouse is delivered to you. Do not worry though, because you may not even need the software if you love a simple mouse. You can just download it easily from the manufacturer’s website, no registration required. Just plug the mouse in and use it, especially if you are using it on Mac computer.
It comes with preset DPI settings that will be good enough to play on 1440P and 1080P displays. If you are using a display with bigger resolution than that, you will have to install the software. You can then set certain buttons to play certain functions. The software also allows you to customize the scroll wheel and assign it a function.
Large and comfortable in the hand, designed ergonomically to mimic the shape of the palm, well, they do not come any better than this. You can play game after game with this mouse and your wrist will not feel cramped at all.
You will find the buttons easy to access, and they never get in the way. Thanks to the TEFLON feet, this mouse is quite easy to maneuver around, and it never snags. If you have big hands, bravo to you, this is your kind of gaming mouse.
Because of the size of the mouse, it can be held palm-style or claw-style. With small or big palms, this mouse will suit you just fine. Just expect a nice and comfortable grip, although one button on the side can be a bit inaccessible if you have short fingers.
The sides have been designed with textured grips made of rubber. These give the mouse an anti-slip grip, meaning that you do not run the risk of having it slip out in the excitement of your game.
Most avid gamers mostly worry about mouse buttons, and they have a good reason for that. Once the buttons wear out, there is no need to replace them. It probably spells the end of the mouse’s life. Thus, instead of worrying too much about the sensor, which will last a long time, it is better to worry about how to get high quality buttons.
The two regular buttons – the right and left click ones are quite responsive with little resistance. Nothing new there, most mice have good left and right click buttons.
The side buttons are equally good, if not better. They respond immediately, with little tension that keeps them from responding to all accidental clicks. The DPI buttons are located beneath the scroll wheel, and they are also quite responsive.
One button increases the DPI settings by the set intervals while the other one lowers the resolution. There is a third button for RGB. You can use it to select your light mode of choice.
These are Solid, Wave, Breathe, Rainbow, Full lighted and Flash. Remember, the maximum DPI that you can get to is 10000. You may never get to use the maximum, but who knows? You could get a display with a higher resolution.
With 7 programmable buttons that you can assign any function that you wish, the Redragon M711 Cobra mouse should serve your gaming needs quite well. Two buttons are in the scroll wheel, it is clickable.
Once you have programmed your buttons, you may even uninstall the software as you will not need it anymore.
The cable is 6 feet long, braided and works very well. There is no drag to worry about and this cable does not snag. Even though it is not replaceable, it is going to last a long time.
It moves smoothly over any surface and it is long enough to reach around things that you have on your gaming table. Like any other braided cable, it does not retain dirt or stains, so you do not have to worry much about its maintenance.
At the end of the cable is a USB head that is compatible with 2.0 or 3.0 ports. When traveling, just wind up the mouse carefully. The more care you take of this mouse, the longer it is going to last.
Redragon M711 Cobra review
- It is easy to program the buttons, something that you will love to do. The software is self-explanatory and even beginners take just a short time to figure it out.
- You will love the way the mouse lights up on the scroll wheel, a strip around the buttons that are beneath the scroll wheel and then the two strip stretching from front to back. It looks very stylish!
- The TEFLON feet are not only smooth, but they will last a long time, as long as the mouse itself
- The M711 Cobra is one of the most affordable gaming mice in the market yet it has many features that the highly priced ones have.
- Onboard memory allows you to store gaming profiles and settings for a few games. You can use the mouse on different computers and you won’t have to install the software again. You can save up to 5 memories.
- The ergonomic design is very good for gaming for many hours. It fits snugly in the palms of your hands. The sides are rubberized for a good grip.
- Has a warranty of 3 months
- You can actually use the muse without installing the software if you want to keep your operation simple.
Cons of the Redragon M711
- Mid-range sensor is not all that, could be better but it does not affect the performance
- May not be very comfortable for people with smaller hands
You have seen the many features and benefits of the M711 Cobra in this Redragon M711 Cobra review. It has been made by one of the best names in the gaming industry and so you should not let the low price dissuade you from buying. If you are an avid gamer, you may want this just for kicks. Having a cheap mouse with so many features is like eating your cake and having it at the same time. The software is a bliss to use and the LED lighting and colors are out of this world.