If you would love an ergonomic office chair that is built for health and comfort, read this Steelcase Gesture review. This chair has a durable build and it looks incredibly good with its curved back. It is little wonder that it won an award in 2013 because of its advanced features.
Without doubt, Steelcase is one of the best brand names for office chairs in the market. One thing that you will love about them is their wide variety of chairs and stools. One of the most popular models is the Gesture office chair. In this chair, innovation, evolution, style and ergonomics come together to create a beautiful product. Work is fun with this chair! After all, you will have less to worry about with your back health well taken care of.
People working long hours in offices mostly worry about developing back pain in future. This affects their productivity a lot. However, with good chairs such as you will find in the Steelcase stable, these worries are put at bay.
Today, you can reach your maximum potential in the office if you change your chairs. You can help your employees become better versions of themselves by getting them the Gesture chair.
Steelcase Gesture Review: Summary
- You get to choose the kind of upholstery that you want – could be leather or fabric
- Height of chair is adjustable from 16 inches to 21 inches – high enough for even the tallest people
- 4D adjustable armrests – height, width, forward and backward adjustability
- Automated backrest moves with your back as you move – It is fully ergonomic
- Has a weight rating of 300 pounds
- Seat has firm comfortable padding – it is large enough to seat people of different weights
- Comes in 13 different colors – choose what captures your fancy
- Good casters that move very well on all kinds of floors
- The backrest and the seat are made of breathable material for airflow
Steelcase Gesture Review: features that won this chair an award in 2013
The Steel Gesture office chair won a gold award at the Neocon Awards in 2013. If you know office chairs, it is quite easy to see why. This chair has many outstanding features for users of all ages and tastes. Besides, it is the best customizable office chair.
Fully ergonomic office chair
When choosing an office chair, ergonomics is the chief consideration for many people. This chair does not disappoint at all thanks to the LiveBack technology. This is a special technology that makes the backrest move accordingly as you change your posture. That way, you are supported all the time.
The customizability of this chair is simply mind blowing. Ok, we know that customizability is a pretty standard feature in many office chairs nowadays. However, the sturdy 4D armrests and the tiltable back, the pneumatic height adjustment and the adjustable seat depth still make us wax lyrical. It is rare to find a customizable office chair like this one.
Comfortable adjustable seat
The seat is very comfortable. Firstly, it is breathable allowing good airflow so that you do not become sweltering sweaty in your undies when working in summer.
Secondly, the seat depth can be adjusted accordingly to meet your comfort and height needs. Remember, you should set the seat depth in such a way that it enhances the circulation of blood into your leg muscles. That way, you will not feel cramped at all even when you sit down for a long time.
Another commendable thing about the seat is that you never feel the edge at all. Again, the seat pad can slide forward and backward. This kind of customizability is not always available in all office chairs.
You would love a chair that looks good in your office, no? Any Steelcase Gesture review will tell you that this chair is a combination of style, sophistication and classiness. When you buy a few of these chairs, they transform the office. Besides, you have all of 13 colors to choose from. If you like, you can choose the knitted/meshed upholstery, fabric or leather. Leather is the best but it costs more.
Steelcase Gesture Review: Pros
- The chair is built to enhance the best sitting posture in the office
- Good for back pain prevention thanks to the automatic back support
- Can be used by almost everyone because of the wide customizability
- It is sold with a warranty of 12 years
- Wide variety in terms of color
- Chair allows different postures for different tasks
- Armrests can swing out of the way when you want to cross your legs
Steelcase Gesture chair cons
- This chair is expensive with the price range being around the $1000 mark
- The plastic casters are not all that good – they can start showing indications of wear too soon
- Lumbar support is not adjustable
As you have seen from this Steelcase Gesture review, there are office chairs and then there is the customizable office chair. It is not only healthy and comfortable, but it is also fabulous to look at. Another thing that you will love about the chair is that it is so easy to adjust and lock your settings into place. If you do not share it with anyone else, you will find that you never have to fiddle with the settings unless you really have to. The only thing that you may find discouraging is the price, same thing with the Herman Miller chairs. However, you know that the Autonomous office chairs are always affordable.