Until recently, when we wanted to manage an invoice, we did it through Excel. The popular Office Office Suite program. It is, in fact, a very useful tool, allowing both expert and novice users to adjust the different functions to their needs.
However, over time, other platforms have appeared that solve old problems. We are talking about Google Docs, Google’s office suite in the cloud. With which users will have the opportunity to create, edit, and share documents. And to always keep them online, which undoubtedly facilitates collaborative work.
Another important advantage has to do with the fact that we will always have a backup copy in the cloud. This will avoid disappointment due to the loss of documents. If you usually make invoices and don’t need an invoicing program, Google Docs can become an excellent solution for your office.
WILL INVOICE TEMPLATES FOR GOOGLE DOCS BE USEFUL TO ME?
Currently, countless billing programs can help you solve the problem of invoices. If you are self-employed or have just entered this world, you should know that all invoices must be ordered by number.
Maintain a specific and moral order (any change or error can cause problems). And have the corresponding taxes added. In many cases, it will be VAT, personal income tax, and in others, both. And although all this is help that the manager can provide you, we will also help you below.
What we wanted to do in this article is compile a total of 20 invoice templates for Google Docs. They will be useful if you don’t bill enough to install an invoicing program. And if having a template at your disposal is more than enough for you.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD INVOICE TEMPLATES FOR GOOGLE DOCS
Since March 2017, Google has not allowed users to access the template gallery available for Google Docs until now. So, if you had set out to search there, chances are you will encounter failure.
That is why we have tried to look for other templates that, being available online, belong to particular creators. But they can be used as a template or sample document by anyone. And they are accessible online.
The first one we want to offer you is the one proposed by Bitfactura. This is a basic model, which you can access from this link. And where you can enter all the data you need to formalize an invoice. If you need it, you can also make the modifications you consider appropriate.
MORE OPEN INVOICE TEMPLATES FOR GOOGLE DOCS
We have located more invoices, but they are not in Spanish. Luckily, this is of no importance. You can make all the appropriate modifications, as these are open invoices for Google Docs. Thus, in addition to changing the language, you can add the concepts and formulas you find useful and essential for your business.
- Black Invoice Template – includes instructions for making modifications.
- Service Invoice Template – This model is more suitable for service delivery
- Sales Invoice Template: if you usually sell products, this invoice template will be very useful for you
- Purchase Order Template: another invoice model for purchases made
- Packing Slip Template: this template serves the same purpose as the previous ones but is a little more organized and is available in green tones
- Legal Invoice Template: those who provide legal or advisory services have this other template at their disposal, which can also be very useful.
- Freelance Invoice Template – This template is specifically designed for self-employed or freelance users who provide services on their account
- Billing Invoice Template: If you prefer to modify your invoice template through Google Sheets, here is just what you need
- Proforma Invoice Template: proforma invoices are necessary for some procedures, so, interestingly, you have a template on hand to know its characteristics.
As we indicated, the only thing you will need to be able to use these templates to create invoices is to download them. Then, you must translate and adapt the different concepts to your needs. Even if the originals are in English, this is the same thing you would have to do with an invoice template in Spanish.
GUIDE TO COMPLETING INVOICES
If you plan to use any proposed invoices, we recommend you first look at all the data you must enter. You must be clear about what each included data corresponds to and what it is for. They are the following:
- Invoice number. You have assigned the number to your invoice to identify it within your accounting. These must follow a correlative order, making things much easier for you when submitting the accounts to the Tax Agency. If it detects any errors, you could have problems. Make sure you do it right and follow a logical order.
- Date of issue. All invoices must have an issue date. It is also recommended that the invoices be ordered by date in addition to following consecutive numbering. This will be very useful for you to locate them.
- Order number. It is your client’s order number to which the issued invoice corresponds, but it is not mandatory information. Depending on your activity, indicating it may not be necessary.
- Expiration. This is what is known as the client’s deadline for payment of the invoice.
- Products or services. Here, you must specify or indicate the type of product or service you are offering. Logically, it has to correspond to the activity you do.
I am a writer with eight years of experience writing in business and technology. I always carry a passion for learning and discovering new knowledge.