As you might already know, Pokemon Go is among the most popular games that offer a great user experience via augmented reality gameplay. With its immersive gameplay and real-world exploration, it wn the hearts of thousands of players worldwide. However, one issue that many players encounter while playing the game is the “GPS Signal Not Found 11” error.
This error message appears when the game is unable to detect the player’s GPS signal, preventing them from properly playing the game. This can be frustrating for players who rely on GPS to navigate the game’s world and catch Pokemon. Fortunately, there are several steps that players can take to fix this error and get back to playing the game.
Here, we will offer a detailed guide on ‘how to fix the Pokemon Go GPS Signal Not Found 11 error’. We will cover the various causes of this error and provide step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot the issue. By following these instructions, players can get back to enjoying the game without any interruptions.
What is pokemon go?
Pokémon GO is a mobile augmented reality game that was developed and published by Niantic in partnership with The Pokémon Company. The game was released on July 6, 2016, and quickly became a worldwide sensation.
In Pokémon GO, players use their smartphones to explore the real world and capture virtual creatures called Pokémon. These Pokémon are scattered throughout the world, and players must physically travel to their real-world locations to catch them. The game uses the GPS and camera on the player’s device to create an augmented reality experience, where the Pokémon appear to be in the real world.
Players can also battle other players’ Pokémon, join teams, and take control of virtual locations called Gyms, which are located at real-world landmarks. The game also includes in-app purchases for items such as additional Pokéballs and items that help players catch and train Pokémon more effectively.
Pokemon go gps signal not found 11: Causes?
This error can have several different causes, including:
- Poor GPS signal: The most common cause of the “GPS not found 11” error is a weak GPS signal. This can happen if you are indoors, in a crowded area with tall buildings, or in an area with poor GPS coverage.
- GPS permission settings: If you have not granted Pokémon Go permission for location access, you may encounter this error. Make sure that you have enabled location services for the game.
- Software updates: If you have not updated your device’s operating system or the Pokémon Go app, you may encounter this error. Check and install any available updates if necessary.
- Device compatibility issues: If you are using an older or incompatible device, it may not be able to properly communicate with the GPS satellites or run the game smoothly, leading to the “GPS not found 11” error.
- Network connectivity issues: Poor network connectivity or internet connection issues can also cause the “GPS not found 11” error, as the game may not be able to communicate with the servers to properly track your location.
Why Can’t Pokémon GO Find My Location?
There are several reasons why Pokémon GO may not be able to find your location:
GPS signal: The most common reason is that your phone’s GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If you are indoors, underground, or in an area with poor GPS coverage, the game may not be able to pinpoint your location accurately.
- Location services: Ensure that you have enabled location services for Pokémon GO in your phone’s settings. If you have disabled location settings, the game will not be able to find your location through your mobile device.
- Network connectivity: Pokémon GO requires a stable internet connection to communicate with the game servers and update your location. If your mobile networks connections are weak or unstable, the game may not be able to find your location accurately.
- Battery saver mode: Some phones have a battery saver mode that disables location services or limits the accuracy of GPS to conserve battery life. If you have enabled this mode, it may affect the game’s ability to find your location.
- Device compatibility: Finally, it’s possible that your device may not be compatible with Pokémon GO. This includes checking whether the device meets the minimum system requirements for the game.
If you are still experiencing issues, try restarting your phone or reinstalling the game. If the issue persists, reach out to the support team and seek further assistance in fixing the game.
Fixing Pokemon Go GPS error 11
There are many things need to fix the “pokemon go gps error 11:
- First, you need to check whether the location services are switched on by proceeding to Settings. Now, proceed to Location on Privacy or iOS and turn on the feature. Next, turn off the location services for a moment and refresh.
- If you are still receiving the same error message, you may now be required to grant the app permission to access your GPS location. Here you need to return to Settings and scroll the list of your installed app until you find Pokémon GO.
- Select settings on your Pokémon GO app, and then hit Location. Then choose the access that you would like to grant your app to have on your location. In this case, we recommend allowing the app to access the location via While Using the App. Allowing the app to constantly track your location is unnecessary and can drain your device’s battery.
- Turn on Precision Location to allow Pokémon to access the accurate location while using your app. Now, close the app and launch it again to ensure your new settings have been updated.
- Enable “Mock Locations” (Android only): If you have an Android device, try enabling “Mock Locations” in the developer options. This can sometimes help with GPS signal issues.
- Once you confirm that all permissions are on and you are still receiving the same error or are unable to detect your GPS, flicker your device into airplane mode for some seconds and then turn off the mode again. If the problem persists, we recommend rebooting your device and switching it on again. Now, your issue should be fixed.
- Try a different location: If you are experiencing GPS signal issues in a specific location, try moving to a different location and see if the issue persists.
Can I play Pokémon Go without GPS?
No, you cannot play Pokémon Go without GPS. GPS is used to determine your location in the game and is essential for playing the game. Pokémon Go uses real-world locations and landmarks as part of the gameplay, so GPS is necessary for the game to function properly. If your device does not have GPS capability, you will not be able to play Pokémon Go.
How to fix GPS signal lost in Pokemon GO issue?
If you encounter GPS signal problems while playing Pokemon GO, you can fix the issues using the following tips:
- Enable High Accuracy Mode: Go to your phone’s settings and enable High Accuracy Mode for location services. This mode combines GPS, Wi-Fi, and cellular data to provide the most accurate location information.
- Check your GPS signal: Make sure your phone’s GPS is turned on and that you have a clear view of the sky. If you are indoors or in a building, try moving to a location with a clearer view of the sky.
- Restart the app: Sometimes, simply restarting the app can help fix GPS signal issues.
- Clear cache and data: Go to your phone’s settings, select Apps, find Pokemon GO, and clear the cache and data. This will delete any corrupted or outdated data that may be causing GPS signal issues.
- Update your phone’s software: Make sure your phone’s operating system is up to date. Such software issues may affect GPS signal.
- Disable mock locations: If you have enabled mock locations on your phone, this can interfere with GPS signal in Pokemon GO. So check and disable mock locations by navigating to developer options.
In conclusion, Pokemon go GPS error 11 is among the most common issues that players may experience. The problem can be tricky to fix, but with the steps discussed above you can fix the issue.
Firstly, make sure that your device’s GPS is turned on and that it has the necessary permissions to access your location. You can also try to reset the network settings or clearing the cache and data of the Pokémon Go app.
Overall, there are several options available to fix the pokemon go gps error 11. It is recommended to try the basic troubleshooting steps first and avoid using any third-party apps that may violate the game’s terms of service. By following the steps dicussed above, you should be able to get back to playing Pokémon Go and catching your favorite Pokémon without any GPS-related issues.
As a technology content writer with over 7 years of experience, I have a strong background in creating engaging and informative content about a wide range of technology topics. I am highly skilled in conducting research, synthesizing complex information, and delivering clear and concise written communication.