Buying furniture at IKEA has a very interesting advantage. Because they are not as expensive as traditional furniture, you can change them as often as you consider. Whether for aesthetics or necessity. And IKEA is in these because the company has just launched a service where its customers can sell second-hand furniture they no longer use.
The campaign is called Salvemos los muebles, and it started in many IKEA stores in Spain. It consists (among other restoration, repair, and even donation initiatives) in which clients sell the furniture they do not use so that IKEA itself can buy it back and then sell it in El Desván de las Oportunidades: a section in which other clients they will be able to buy them, for a much lower price than the original.
HOW TO SELL SECOND-HAND IKEA FURNITURE
If you have an IKEA piece of furniture and you don’t know what to do with it, maybe you can try your luck with the valuation that the company itself does. In any case, we recommend that you follow these instructions :
1. Access the page www.ikea.es/salvemoslosmuebles.
2. If you want to sell, click the Sell button. Of course, we recommend you take into account the following:
- You can only sell furniture purchased at IKEA
- You do not need to bring the purchase receipt
- The furniture cannot have been modified
- You can only sell drawers, tables, chairs, cabinets, desks, shelves, and cabinets.
3. If your furniture meets the conditions above, the next thing you will have to do is fill out a form. It is the form to sell furniture and must contain all your data (name and surname, email, ID, address, and postal code). Hit the Next button.
4. Then fill in the details of the furniture you want to sell. Select a type, a color and indicate its dimensions. You can also include additional information and details about possible defects and attach four photographs. Logically, photos of the furniture must be taken by yourself, so its condition can be seen well. It is not worth adding photos from the IKEA catalog because they will not be able to reflect how the furniture is.
5. The next thing will be to agree on the delivery details. You must choose one of the available stores. You can select any of the following:
- IKEA A Coruña
- IKEA Alcorcon
- IKEA Badalona
- IKEA Barakaldo
- IKEA Expansion of Vallecas
- IKEA Gran Vía/L’Hospitalet
- IKEA Malaga
- IKEA Sabadell
- IKEA San Sebastian de los Reyes
- IKEA Seville
- IKEA Valencia
- IKEA Valladolid
- IKEA Zaragoza
YOU WILL RECEIVE A PAYMENT PROPOSAL IN YOUR EMAIL
In a maximum of 7 days, IKEA will reply to you with an email message in which they will make a payment proposal for your furniture. If you are interested, you can accept it. If not, you can reject it. If so, an IKEA expert will contact you to arrange delivery details.
When you arrive at the center, an expert will assess the furniture on site. Remember that you have to deliver it assembled. If you take it disassembled, you must assemble it in the store (they will leave you tools to do so).
If everything is in order, they will hand you an IKEA card with the agreed amount. From that moment on, the piece of furniture can go on sale in the Attic of Opportunities, and someone else can give your piece of furniture a second life.
I am a writer with eight years of experience writing in business and technology. I always carry a passion for learning and discovering new knowledge.