How do you handle packing your bags to go on a trip? Are you one of those who go to a country and arrive twice as loaded as they left? If so, you have likely encountered problems when checking your luggage. And you have had to face, logically, the costs that the airlines demand when assuming overloads.
Luckily, practical and agile solutions can help us avoid these incidents at the airport. Correos, for example, has its service to send luggage through Correos on your trips. It is a good way to move around the world without loads, light as the wind, confident that when you arrive at your destination, you will have your suitcase waiting for you.
WHAT IS EQUIPAQ, THE LUGGAGE SHIPPING SERVICE?
EquiPaq is the Correos Express luggage shipping service, with which you can make urgent luggage shipments with delivery in 24 hours for shipments in Spain and 48 hours in the Balearic Islands. A 17 euros per unit (VAT included) is paid per suitcase, with a maximum weight of 25 kilos.
Users of this service should know they cannot be paid on delivery; in this case, the payment must be made in advance. In addition, it is an exclusive service for suitcases, so shipments of other packages, boxes, or packages that make it clear that what you want to send is not a suitcase will not be accepted.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SEND YOUR BAGS
If you are about to leave (or return) and want to send your bags to your destination or home, we recommend following these instructions:
1. Access the Equipaq Correos Express service page. From here, you can make the first calculations and manage the shipment. This means that you will not need to go to any office, but you can request the service from wherever you are, thanks to the collection service.
2. Enter the data for the shipping city and the receiving city. Choose if you want to send one or several suitcases. Next, click on the Calculate button. We have already indicated that the shipping price is 17 euros, including VAT. If you want your suitcase delivered on a Saturday, you will have to add a cost of 3 euros to the set.
3. The delivery by default (there is no other option available to select) will be made before sunset and within 24 hours, except in the Balearic Islands. One piece of advice: dangerous, fragile, valuable, or perishable objects such as electronic devices, money, jewelry, computers, documents, passports, etc., should not be transported in the suitcase.
You should know, on the other hand, that the following services are included in the shipping cost:
- Online shipment tracking
- Merchandise insurance
- home collection
- Second delivery attempt
- Management of incidents
- Immediate location of the recipient
4. Once these options are selected, click the Next Step button. Next, the time will have come to indicate the collection and delivery addresses and your data. When you’re done, move on to the next and final step.
5. Now, all you have to do is pay. We have chosen five suitcases in our case, so the amount with VAT amounts to 84.40 euros. As we have indicated, cash on delivery is not accepted, so you must pay the shipping amount through the usual card payment procedure.
If everything is correct, your bags should happily reach their destination within 24 hours.
I am a writer with eight years of experience writing in business and technology. I always carry a passion for learning and discovering new knowledge.