If you are an avid gamer, you might find yourself in situations where you want to play your PS4 games on your PC. Perhaps you have limited access to your console, or maybe you want to take advantage of the superior hardware and larger display that your PC offers. Luckily, there is a way to stream your PS4 games to your PC, allowing you to enjoy your favorite games without needing to be in the same room as your console.
In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to stream your PS4 games to your PC using the Remote Play feature. We will also cover how to cast from your PC to your PS4, so you can easily switch between playing on your computer and playing on your console. With this guide, you’ll be able to enjoy your PS4 games on any device, whether you’re at home or on the go. So, let’s get started with how to stream PS4 to PC and cast to PS4 from PC.
What are the requirements of streaming PS4 on PC?
Before you start streaming your PS4 games to your PC, it’s important to make sure that your devices meet the necessary requirements. Here are the basic requirements for streaming PS4 to PC:
- A PS4 console: You will need a working PS4 console that is connected to the internet.
- A DualShock 4 controller: To play your games, you will need a DualShock 4 controller that is synced with your PS4.
- A PC: You will need a Windows PC with the Remote Play app installed. The app is available for free on the official PlayStation website. Windows PC; Windows 11 or Windows 10, 7th Gen Intel core or later, 2GB RAM, USB port, at least 1024 X 768 display resolution and sound card. MAC; macOS High Sierra or later, 2GB RAM, USB port (optional) and at least 40 MB storage space.
- A stable internet connection: For a smooth gaming experience, you will need a stable internet connection with at least 5 Mbps upload and download speed.
- Wired connection (optional): While a stable Wi-Fi connection is sufficient for streaming, using a wired connection will provide a more stable and reliable connection.
- Updated software: Ensure that both your PS4 console and PC have the latest software updates installed to avoid any compatibility issues.
By meeting these requirements, you can enjoy a seamless gaming experience while streaming your PS4 games on your PC.
How to Stream PS4 Games on a Windows PC or Mac
To stream PS4 games on a Windows PC or Mac, you can use the built-in Remote Play feature. Here are the steps to cast to PS4 from PC:
- Download and install the PS Remote Play app on your computer from the official PlayStation website. Ensure that you agree to the license agreement.
- Connect your PS4 to your home network using a wired or wireless connection.
- Turn on your PS4 and log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Open the PS Remote Play app on your computer and log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your computer to your PS4.
- Once connected, you can start streaming your PS4 games to your computer.
How to Start PS4 Remote Play
After installing Remote Play on your PC, you now need to configure the PS4 console. In this case, you need to set the console as the Primary PS4 to be able to use Remote Play outside of the home network. To start PS4 Remote Play, follow these steps:
- Ensure that your PS4 is updated to the latest software version, and that your PS4 and your device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, turn on the PS4 console and proceed to Settings> Remote Play Connection Settings
- Next, click Enable Remote Play
- Go back to Settings, choose Account Management
- Choose Activate as Your Primary PS4
- Choose Activate
- Go back to Settings and choose Power Save settings
- Choose Set Features Available in rest mode
- Now, tick Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS4 from Network boxes
How to Cast to PS4 from PC
There are several ways to cast your PC screen to your PS4. Here are some methods you can try:
- Use the PS4 Remote Play Application: The PS4 Remote Play App allows you to stream your PS4 games to your PC, but it also works in reverse. To cast your PC screen to your PS4, first download and install the PS4 Remote Play Application on your PC. Then, connect your DualShock 4 controller to your PC with a USB cable, launch the Remote Play App, and sign in to your PSN account. Once you’re connected, click on the “Settings” button and select “Display.” From there, choose the resolution and frame rate that you want to stream to your PS4, and click “OK.” Finally, connect your PC and PS4 to the same Wi-Fi network, and click on the “Start” button to begin casting your PC screen to your PS4.
- Use a Third-Party App: There are several third-party apps that allow you to cast your PC screen to your PS4, such as the “Plex” app or the “Media Player” app. To use these apps, first download and install them on your PS4 from the PlayStation Store. Then, install the corresponding app on your PC and connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network. Finally, launch the app on your PC, select the media that you want to cast to your PS4, and click on the “Cast” button to begin streaming.
- Use an HDMI Cable: If you have an HDMI cable, you can use it to connect your PC to your PS4 directly. Simply plug one end of the HDMI cable into your PC’s HDMI port and the other end into your PS4’s HDMI port. Then, change the input on your TV to the HDMI input that your PS4 is connected to, and you should see your PC screen displayed on your TV.
Note that some methods may have limitations on what can be casted, such as the PS4 Remote Play app may limit some features, while the HDMI cable method only allows for static screen mirroring.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I play PS4 games on a PS5?
There are a few different ways you can play PS4 games on a PS5:
- Insert the PS4 game disc into your PS5: If you have a physical copy of the PS4 game, you can simply insert the disc into your PS5 console. The PS5 is backwards compatible with most PS4 games, so you should be able to play the game on your play station app.
- Download the PS4 game from the PlayStation Store: If you own a digital copy of a PS4 game, you can download it directly from the PlayStation Store on your PS5. You should be able to find the game in your library if you previously purchased it on the same PlayStation account.
- Transfer your PS4 game saves: If you have been playing a PS4 game on your PS4 and want to continue your progress on your PS5, you can transfer your game saves. You can do this by uploading your save data to the cloud on your PS4, then downloading it on your PS5.
It’s worth noting that not all PS4 games are compatible with the PS5, so it’s a good idea to check the game’s compatibility before attempting to play it on your PS5. Additionally, some PS4 games may not take advantage of the PS5’s improved hardware capabilities, so you may not see any significant improvements in graphics or performance.
How do I play PS4 games on my phone?
There are a few ways you can play PS4 games on your phone:
- Remote Play: You can use Sony’s PS Remote Play app to stream games to your phone. To do this, you’ll need a PS4 console, a compatible smartphone or tablet, and a stable internet connection. You’ll also need to download the PS Remote Play app from the Google Play Store. Once you’ve set up the app and connected to your PS4, start remote play and you’ll be able to play PS4 games on your phone.
- PlayStation Now: PlayStation Now is a cloud gaming service that allows you to play a selection of PS4 games on your phone without the need for a console. To use this service, you’ll need a PlayStation Now subscription and a compatible smartphone or tablet. You’ll also need a stable internet connection to stream the games. Once you’ve signed up and installed the PlayStation Now app, you can browse the selection of games and start playing on your phone.
- Third-party streaming apps: There are a few third-party apps that allow streaming games to your phone, such as Steam Link or Moonlight. However, these apps may require more technical expertise to set up and may not be as reliable as Sony’s Remote Play or PlayStation Now services.
Note that playing PS4 games on your phone may not offer the same gaming experience as playing on a console or a gaming device that offer the best performance. The controls may feel different, and the graphics may not be as sharp on a smaller screen. Nonetheless, it can be a convenient option for playing games on the go or when you don’t have access to your console.
In conclusion, streaming your PS4 games to your PC can provide you with a more immersive gaming experience and greater convenience. By using either the PS Remote Play app or a capture card, you can easily connect your PS4 to your PC and enjoy your games on a larger screen, with better resolution and performance.
As a technology content writer with over 7 years of experience, I have a strong background in creating engaging and informative content about a wide range of technology topics. I am highly skilled in conducting research, synthesizing complex information, and delivering clear and concise written communication.